There shall be a Seminar for every existing Honours subject of study in the College; the name is which shall be “Chikiti Mahavidyalaya , (name of subject) seminar”.
The main object of the Seminar shall be the pursuit and promotion of study in the subject by means of holding seminar meetings, symposia, discussion and debates from time to time on topics and problems related to the subject.
All students of the Honours classes are ipso-facto members of the seminar. All Lecturers in the subject are honorary member.
The head of the Department is the Director of the Seminar. He shall guide the activity of Seminar and preside over all academic meetings, in his absence the next senior Lecturer present shall preside.
There shall be an advisor for the seminar to be nominated by the Director from among the Lecturers of the Department.
The Executive Committee of the Seminar shall consist of the following (a) Director, (b) Advisor, (c) Secretary, (d) Asst . Secretary. The Secretary & the Assistant Secretary shall be nominated by the Director once in a session from among the +3 Final Year and +3 2nd Year students respectively.
The Secretary shall be responsible for organizing the seminar activities under instruction from the Director and for maintaining records , proceedings .and accounts under his supervision. The Asst. Secy. shall assist the Secretary and assume all the responsibilities of secretary in his absence.
At least two Seminars shall be conducted on a subject for academic discussions in the course of an academic session. Participation in the seminar shall. be encouraged and given due credit.
The Seminar fee per student shall be payable at the beginning of the year.
The Seminar Library shall be operated under the general supervision of the Director through the Advisor. The Assistant Secretary shall assist the Advisor in issuing books and keeping records.
The Principal is the controller of all seminars. He may alter, amend or abrogate any or all of these rules at his discretion. In addition to that, the college is required to organize National/State level Seminars and symposia to make intellectual discourses amongst the scholars of different colleges and Universities: The UGC also provides financial assistance from time to time to hold seminars in different inter-disciplinary subjects.
The Science Society has been formed with an objective to nourish and nurture scientific temper and spirit among the students and teachers who will steer the wheels of civilization ahead.The society intends to keep abreast of scientific discoveries and inventions taking place on earth and will transmit such knowledge through seminars and symposia, often inviting scholars and resource persons from outside. It will organize various science related competitive programmes and study tours through which the students can widen their horizon with regard to life, nature, universe and scientific advancements. The first and the foremost, the society will be careful to preserve a scientific ambience throughout the academic session.
Officer in Charge:
- Dr. Nrusingh Ch. Panigrahi, Reader in Botany
- Dr. Bhabani Prasad Panda, Reader in Physics
- Dr. Santosh Kumar Buxi, Reader in Mathematics
- Dr. Pravat Kumar Behera, Lecturer (Group-A) in chemistry
- Sri Sunil Kumar Padhy, Lecturer in Mathematics
- Sri Laxman Behera, Lecturer in Geology
- Smt. Padmini Raulo, Lecturer in Mathematics
- Smt. Madhusmiti Mahapatra, Lecturer in Chemistry
- Sri Rabindra Maharana, Lecturer in Physics
- Sri Dibakar Panigrahy, Lecturer in Chemistry
- Post Matric Scholarship are awarded every year by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, ‘ to the 1st Division or otherwise very meritorious student passing the H.S.C. / its ,equivalent examination.
- The Government of Odisha award some. Junior College Scholarship _and a number -of other scholarships on the basis of merit-cum-poverty for Post Matric studies.
- Student belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribes; de notified, nomadic, semi-nomadic tribe and lower income group are awarded scholarship by ‘the Government of India. The lower income group students, who have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate and whose, parent’s annual income does not exceed RS.2000/- are eligible to apply.
- Children of Ex-service personnel and Defence personnel are also entitled to get stipend or post Matric studies.
- National, Loan, Scholarship is awarded by the Government of India to the meritorious and deserving students securing 60% marks producing their parent’s income bellow Rs. 6000/- PA.
- The Government of India award some scholarships to the children of Primary School Teachers for Post Matric studies.
- Other scholarship, loans, stipends etc., as may be available are notified from time to time on the, college notice board, besides the above, the college awards the following scholarship to the students.
Officer in Charge:
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar Behera, Lecturer (Group-A) in Chemistry
- Sri Asutosh Sahu, Lecturer in English
- Sri Sudhir Kumar Sahu, Demonstrator in Physics
Capt. SIBA KUMAR PANDA MEMORIAL AWARD:
Students .securinq- more than, 70% marks. in Maths in CHSE Exam. in 1st chance of appearing, reading two years in this institution is being awarded Rs. 4001- every year.
GOVINDANANDA DYANASAMANTRA MEM- ORIALAWARD :
Govindananda Dyanasamantra Memorial Award is being given away every year to the best Sports person of the Institution.
SMT. PADMALAYA PANDA AWARD:
Smt. Padmalaya Panda Award is being given away every year to the Cultural. Champion of the +3 students in the Annual Cultural Function .
SRI DAYANIDHI SAHU AWARD:
Sri Dayanidhi Sahu. Award is being given away every year to the’ Cultural .Champion of the +2 students in the Annual Cultural Function
UTKAL SAMMILANI SHIELD
is being awarded every year to the best essayist on NEELAKANTHA DASH which is sponsored by Gen. Secretary Lion Basant Kumar Panigrahy of Utkal Sammilani .
DIBAKAR PATNAIK MEMORIAL AWARD:
The best student securing highest marks in 1st chance in the Political Science Honours from the college in the Final University Examination for the year will.be awarded the Cash Prize .
LlNGARAJ DAS AWARD:
The best student securing highest marks in IRPM Honours in first chance from the college in the University Examination for the year will be rewarded the Cash Prize of Rs. 300/- .
LALlT MANJARI DEVI MEMORIAL AWARD :
Lalit Manjari Devi Memorial ‘Award is being awarded every year to the champion of champions (girls) for sports .
DR. LALlT MOHAN MOHAPATRO AWARD:
This award is being given away every year for securing highest marks in Chemistry Honours at degree stage .
DR. LALlTMOHAN MOHAPATRO AWARD:
This award is being given away for the best literary creation in Odia language and literature.
LATE SRI NITYANANDA PANDA MEMORIAL.AWARD:
This award is being given away to the best student of the College .
SRI DAYANIDHI PANDA AWARD:
This award is being given away to the student of this college for securing highest marks in mathematics honours in final university examination.
|Sl.No||Name of the Student||Position at the University level||Subject|
|1.||Aishwaraya Kumari Martha||1st Rank||Education|
|2.||Bailadu Behera||4th Rank||Education|
|3.||Amrutamani Choudhury||6th Rank||Education|
|4.||Kumari Behera||6th Rank||Education|
|5.||Meerabati Sahu||6th Rank||Education|
|6.||Kureshu Maharana||1st Rank||Odia|
|7.||Tapaswini Padhi||7th Rank||Physics|
|SL.No||Subject||Position at the University level||Name of Student|
|1||EDUCATION||1st rank||Miss Aishwaraya Kumari Martha|
|2||ODIA||1st rank||Mr. Kureshu Moharana|
|3||EDUCATION||4th rank||Mr. Bailadu Behera|
|4||EDUCATION||6th rank||Miss Amrutamani Choudhury|
|5||EDUCATION||4th rank||Miss Kumari Behera|
|6||EDUCATION||6th rank||Miss Meerabati sahu|
|7||PHYSICS||7th rank||Miss Tapaswini Padhy|
The name of the Forum shall be Chikiti Mahavidyalaya Planning Forum.
The aim of the Forum is to spread plan , consciousness among the teachers and students of the college and through them among the public. To promote this, the Forum will organize from time to time discussions, seminars, symposia” etc. relating to planning and economic development of the country. It shall undertake activities such as Small Savings, Population Control, Literacy (NLM), Agricultural Developments; Soil Testing, etc. Economic Surveys which are helpful for successful’ implementation of the country’s plans.
The membership of the Forum is open to all students and members of teaching staff of the college. The Principal shall be the ex-officio’ President of the Forum and a member of the teaching staff of the Economics Department nominated by the Principal shall be the Vice-president.
A secretary shall be elected from among the students’ and an assistant Secretary from among’ the first year & third year students at such time and in such manner as the Principal may determine. The’ Executive Committee shall consist of the, , President, the vice-president, the Secretary and the Assistant Secretary.
The Secretary shall convene all meetings of the Forum, organize discussions, seminars, etc and keep records of the meeting, discussions, and other activities and maintain a register of active members one regular basis.
The Assistant Secretary shall assist the Secretary in the performance of his duties and shall assume all the responsibilities during the absence of the, Secretary.
There is a literary association in the college called ‘ODIA SAHITYA SAMAJ’
- To organize meeting and symposium etc. on Odia language, literature and culture.
- To invite eminent scholars’ of the literature to address the members of the Samaj.
- To organize different competitions ‘in the language from time to time.
- To enhances the interest of mother tongue among the students.
- To provide the opportunities for the students to develop the knowledge and skill necessary to access literary resources.
- To devolve their intellectual, personal and professional abilities.
- To aware our ancient literature, culture, scripture, art, religion……..
All students of the college shall be its member.
All the members of the teaching staff of the Department Odia are its ipso-facto members.
The Executive Committee of the OSS consist of the Principal as its Ex-Officio President, the HOD of Odia as its Ex-Officio Vice President, all other teaching members of Odia Department as associates and a Secretary and a Joint-Secretary be nominated from amongst the ‘+3 students. The committee, will decide the holding of its Annual- Function and arrange Seminars and Literary Competition.
|President||Dr.Bichitra Patnaik, Principal|
|Vice-President||Dr. Prasant Kumar Panigrahi Reader|
|Associates||1. Dr. Sanjaya Kumar Panda Lecturer
2. Sri Prakash Behera, Lecturer
3. Dr.Biswanath Panigrahy, Lecturer
The College Magazine ‘SWETAKA’ is published once a year. The magazine is intended for the encouragement and development of original literary expression of the students and also from the members of staff of the college. The magazine is edited by an editor assisted by an Editorial Board nominated by the Principal from among the members of teaching staff. In addition there will be an editorial board to consider all matters regarding publication of magazine. The Secretary of Odia Sahitya Samaj will be the student representative to help the editor. Principal is the Editor–in–chief and final authority in all matters regarding the publication of college magazine.
- Dr. Prasant Kumar Panigrahi Reader in Odia
- Sri Dasarath Rout Lecturer(Group-A) in English
- Dr. Sanjaya Kumar Panda Lecturer in Odia
The Association shall be called The Chikiti Mahavidyalaya Old Boys’ Association. Objectives of the Association:
- To provide opportunities for social intercourse and to promote friendly relation between the Old and the present students and members of the staff of Chikiti Mahavidyalaya.
- To enable the Old Boys of the College to take a healthy interest in the welfare of their alma-mater andtn the educational and cultural development of the State of Odisha.
Membership: All ex-students of the Chikiti Mahavidyalaya shall be eligible for the membership of the Association.