- The aim of this programme is to broaden the minds with modern scientific discoveries that will be useful to adopt with the various needs of human being and to continue with the par excellent research works in India.
- As the curriculum provides relevant knowledge on plants with both traditional and modern description , it will enrich the brains of students with the basic concepts of Botany and also allow them to think in relevance with modernity.
- The plant science now a days is being correlated with different other branches of science like forensics, marine biology, biotechnology, tissue culture, agriculture, horticulture, sericulture, biostatistics, economics etc.
- This curriculum provides all those basic concepts on the branches like molecular biology, genetics, plant breeding, biostatistics, pathology, economic importance of crops, histological display of various plant parts .
- Talking about basic botany, it gives a broad idea about ecology, environment and its protection, life cycles of various categories of plants around us.
- Phytogeographical studies throw light on different kinds of forests, land masses and zones of the world with wide range of habitat.
- Reproductive biology enriches the minds with new innovative ideas to produce varieties of plants as per the human demand.
- Moreover this curriculum provides an equal opportunity for the students to compete with the students of other big universities of India and abroad.
This curriculum can help students with achieving objects like…
- To make survey of different plants of various geographic area and classify them properly.
- To help in preservation, conservation and sustainability development.
- To carry out botanical, horticultural and chemical research for plant improvement and utilization.
- To offer facilities for the improvement of medicinal values of plants to be utilised in various pharmacy industries.
- To engage in activities, conducive to help botanical teaching and to create public understanding the value of plant research in general and the need for preserving our plant wealth.
- To establish tissue culture facility with special reference to the improvement of seeds/fruits/ flowers and quick and easy propagation.
- To work in collaboration with similar institutes in india.
- To promote and establish modern scientific research and development studies relating to plants of importance to India.
|PROGRAMME/COURSE||COURSE SPECIFIC OUT COME||LEARNING OUT COME|
|CC-I-Microbiology and Phycology||To study about Bacteria, Virus and different classes of Algae.||A student can gain knowledge about the basics of life and lower group of plants which originated as primitive and still have existance with developed plants.|
|CC-II-Bio molecules and Cell biology||To read in detail about the different living and nonliving cell organelles and their structure and function. Also to read different bio molecules present in plant body.||Students can understand about the basic functional units of life when they are clear about the cell and the biomolecules like protein, carbohydrates, lipds, nucleic acids etc.|
|CC-III-Mycology and Phytopathology||To study about different classes of Fungi and disease causing fungal agents in nature with symptoms and irradiation.||A student can attain wisdom to the vast field of mycology and can contribute for environment protection, drug manufacturing, industry, food etc.|
|CC-IV-Archegoniate||To read about other plant groups other then Thallophyta, like Bryophytes, Pteridophytes and gymnosperms.||This branch provides a field to understand and work on the evolution of life on earth on a systematic manner, thus throwing light to understand life well|
|CC-V-Anatomy of Angiosperms||Histology is the study that provides knowledge in detail about the anatomy and the different types tissue that are present in plant body.||To know about anything always comes from its internal structure, arrangement of various systems and their function. It gives a realistic interpretation of a plant function.|
|CC-VI-Economic Botany||It classifies the plants as per their productive materials and their economic value for the mankind.||This is a ink between plants and their anthropogenic uses in agronomy, chemistry, economics,forestry, horticulture, medicine, microbiology, pharmacognosy etc.|
|CC-VII-Genetics||It gives a broad idea about the origin of genetics, modern trends about the genetic developments along with population and evolutionary genetics||It is a branch of biology concerned with the study f genes, genetic variation, and heredity in organisms. we need to look deep into our genes which provides a detail data of our origin tree, development and a need for future changes.|
|CC-VIII-Molecular Biology||A broad idea is depicted about DNA,RNA, their replications, central dogma on protein synthesis,operon concept and other gene regulations||Molecular biology is the study of biology at a molecular level. The field overlaps with other areas of biology and chemistry, particularly genetics and biochemistry. Molecular biology chiefly concerns itself with understanding the interactions between the various systems of a cell, including the interrelationship of DNA, RNA and protein synthesis and learning how these interactions are regulated.|
|CC-IX-Plant Ecology and Phytogeography||It enhances the knowledge about different factors of ecology, biotic interactions, functional aspects of ecosystems, plant communities etc.||Plant ecology is a subdiscipline of ecology which studies the distribution and abundance of plants, the effects of environmental factors upon the abundance of plants, and the interactions among and between plants and other organisms. Phytogeography is concerned with all aspects of plant distribution, from the controls on the distribution of individual species ranges|
|CC-X-Plant Systematic||It is a study about significance of plant systematic, nomenclature, system of classification, phylogeny and different classes.||It is a science that includes and encompasses traditional taxonomy; however, its primary goal is to reconstruct the evolutionary history of plant life. It divides plants into taxonomic groups, using morphological, anatomical, embryological, chromosomal and chemical data.|
|CC-XI-Reproductive Biology of Angiosperms||It is the study of embryological developments in plants, pollination, fertilization ,embryo and seed formation.||A student should know well about the reproduction style of a plant, about the flowers, the fruits and seeds. This will lead to many breeding projects and production of mutational plants to overcome over demanded human needs.|
|CC-XII-Plant Physiology||It is the basic knowledge about a plant describing about the physiological processes like plant-water relation, mineral nutrition, translocation, growth regulators,||Physiology is extremely important, this determines how well new cultivars can handle stresses like drought, salinity, heat, etc. Also yield improvements are also tracked in this manner. Plant physiology explains how plants function in all environments.|
|CC-XIII-Plant Metabolism||Another branch of botany dealing with the plant metabolism like carbon assimilation, carbon oxidation, lipid metabolism, nitrogen metabolism etc.||Plant metabolism is defined as the complex of physical and chemical events of photosynthesis, respiration, and the synthesis and degradation of organic compounds.produces products that aid in the growth and development of plants which are the basic needs for a student to go for further research in future.|
|CC-XIV-Plant Biotechnology||It is a modern branch of plant science dealing with tissue culture, Recombinant DNA technology, gene transfer methods, and different ways of bio technology applications.||Plant biotechnology, in the sense of the application of recombinant DNA techniques to crop improvement, or the production of valuable molecules in plants, is still a relatively new endeavour. Plants are already used as sources of an immense array of useful molecules. These, especially the starches, proteins and oils in seeds, are raw materials for most of our food and feedstuffs. Plants are also the major sources of fibre for building materials, clothing and paper. Therefore, the possibilities for improving current products and making new products by means of plant biotechnology are, in principle, almost limitless.|
|DSE-I-Stress Biology||A new branch of botany dealing with plant stress, stress sensing mechanisms, and various ways to protect the plants against stress.||Globally, abiotic stresses are amongst the major limitations for sustainable agriculture. Today’s plant science faces a major challenge to achieve the goal of developing climate-resilient crops that can tolerate diverse environmental stresses. Two such major impediments are: a lack of sufficient understanding of the molecular mechanisms of stress response, and technological limitations in translating the proof-of-concept studies from model to crop plants. This can be overcome by knowing the stress obtaing by plants and its irradiation.|
|DSE-II-Plant Breeding||It deals with modern ideas about plant breeding, methods for crop improvement etc.||Students have a future propcet as Plant breeding is a method of altering the genetic pattern of plants to increase their value and utility for human welfare. It is a purposeful manipulation of plants to create desired plant types that are better suited for cultivation, give better yield and are disease resistant.|
|E-III-Natural resource management||It gives an idea about sustainable utilization of natural resources like land, water, biological properties, national biodiversity, types of forest and their management and energy resources.||Natural resource management refers to the management of natural resources such as land, water, soil, biodiversity, planning and management. It will give a new dimension for the students who will work for conservation of natural resourses for sustainable development.|
|DSE-IV-Biostatistics||This is an important branch of mathematics in relation to al branches in calculating the accuracy of finding values and putting them for better results.||It is a must study for the students as the goal is to disentangle the data received and make a valid inference that can be used to solve problems in different field of research work and detailed studies.|
|GE-I-Biodiversity ( different type study )||It is the traditional wing of botany dealing with structure and reproduction patterns in bacteria, virus, alga, fungi, bryophytes, pteridophytes and gymnosperms.||A student can gain minimum idea about different plant species including bacteria and virus which will help them to understand the evolutionary trends in plant development and reproductive behaviour.|
|GE-II-Economic Botany and Plant Biotechnology||This section deals with the importance of economically important plants and also biotechnological chapters like Recombinant DNA Techniques: Blotting techniques: Northern, Southern and Western Blotting, DNA Fingerprinting etc.||A non-botany student can gain modern prospective of the economic uses of the plants as well as the revolutionary developments in biotechnological studies to go beyond the traditional ideas on the subject.|