General Rules :
The college has two Hostels to provide accommodation to the outside students – 1 Boys’ Hostel & 1 Girls’ Hostel, for both +3 students. Each Hostel is under the control of one superintendent.
- 1. Admission to the Hostels is made for one session only.
- 2. The selection of the students is done purely on merit basis. It is made in accordance with the provisions for admission laid down by the Admission committee and also rules framed by the Residential committee.
- 3. Students who seek admission to the College and want to stay in Hostel have to submit an application separately to the Principal, indicating their option on the admission application submitted in the college to the effect that they desire to stay in the Hostel. Students who have already taken admission in Hostel during the previous session and also want to continue as the Hostel borders in the current session, have to apply to the Principal through the superintendent of the concerned Hostel. Admission in subsequent session cannot be claimed as a matter of right but is subject to review of conduct, discipline etc.
- 4. Students selected for admission to a hostel have to pay necessary fees and fill up the required undertaking and documents in the hostel office before they are actually permitted by the superintendent for admission. They are required to submit a copy of their latest passport size photograph only attested by a gazetted officer at the time of admission to thehostel.
- 5. Local students are not eligible to apply for a seat in the hostel.
- 6. If a student desires to stay in a hostel beyond the 31st May for his/her University Examination on reasonable ground, he/she has to make a fresh application to the superintendent to that effect and may be permitted by the superintendent to continue till his/her examination is over on payment of usual dues. He/she will not be allowed to take part in any of the hostel activities during the period of stay. In no case he/she will be allowed to continue beyond the end of his/her examination.
- 7. A student who discontinues to appear at the examination will not be allowed to continue in hostel.
- 8. Each boarder must take meals in the hostel mess on payment.
- 9. Allotment of seats in the hostel is purely at the discretion of the Superintendent.
- 10. At the time of leaving the hostel, the boarders shall be required to return in good condition all the materials supplied to them. Their caution money will be refunded only after the Superintendent receives back the materials in good conditions, otherwise necessary recoveries will be made out of the caution money. The transfer certificate cannot be issued from the College unless he/she produces no dues certificate from the hostel. All the final year boarders only are to be issued clearance from the hostel at the end of the session. Other boarders need not be issued clearance at the end of the session and may be allowed to continue in the next session.
- 11. Admission fees for the hostel, annual charges establishment charges and other fees for the hostel are to be deposited in the office of the Superintendent. These charges are subject to change from time to time with the approval of the Residential Committee. A detailed account of the fees of the hostel can be ascertained from the Superintendent.
- 12. The use of the extra electric appliances is strictly prohibited. Contravention of this rule will make a boarder liable to expulsion from the hostel and this will automatically mean expulsion from the College also, on ground of misconduct.
- 13. Electricity and water charges as fixed by the respective authorities to be divided equally among all the boarders on roll during the month for which the bill is drawn.
- 14. Any temporary servant employed in the hostel will be paid his consolidated salary out of the establishment fund.
- 15. No boarder shall be permitted to take his meals in any part of the hostel, except the room set for that purpose by the hostel authority.
- 16.Leave of absence from the hostel must in all cases be obtained in advance from the hostel superintendent. It will not ordinarily be granted unless a written request is made by the Parents or Guardian.
- 17. If a boarder overstays the leave granted to him, he has to bring a satisfactory written explanation from his parent or guardian to that effect, failing which he will be liable to disciplinary action deemed fit.
18. Forbidden practices for Boarders : The following practices are forbidden in the hostels :
- i) The use of harmful drugs, intoxicants or tobacco.
- ii) The use of playing cards or any form of gambling.
- iii) The introduction into the hostel of any person not authorised by the Superintendent.
- iv) Bringing of papers or periodicals and books not on the list approved by the Government into the hostel common room, library or rooms.
- v) Signing or playing of musical instruments except during hours authorised by the Superintendent.
- vi) Holding of any meeting except with approval of the Superintendent.
- vii) Lobbying and campaigning in any form which leads to concerted action.
- viii) Tampering with electric lines.
- The above rules operate with equal force for boarders of all hostels.
- 19. No boarders will be allowed to go for private tuitions during study hours. He must be present in his seat during study hours.
- 20. No student is allowed to keep guests without written permission from the Superintendent.
- 21. Expulsion from hostel amounts to expulsion from the college. ii) Acts of misconduct, infringement of hostel rules, observance of forbidden practices, affliction of communicable disease and other forbidden activities which are detrimental to discipline and administration of the hostel and college willmake a boarderliableto be expelled.
- 22. The boarders are required to observe personal cleanliness and develop an attitude to keep the hostel premises tidy. The hours 7 P.M. to 9 P.M. constitutes study hours every day except Saturday. The hostel gate will remain closed during this period and no outsider will be allowed to enter the hostel premises. The hostel gate will be finally closed at 11 P.M. after which no one will be permitted to enter the hostel. Absence during 6 P.M. to 5 A.M. without prior permission will be treated as unauthorised absence and disciplinary action will be taken against such activities.
- 23. Ragging in any form will attract police action.